Upcoming Zoom Meetings:
Monday, 7/13 at 4 pm – Brain Health Through Atlas-Orthogonal Interventions with Scott Bender, DC
Monday, 7/20 at 4 pm - COVID and More Q & A with NECFH practitioners
In this time of unprecedented uncertainty due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), our primary concern is the health and safety of our clients, staff and our families and preventing the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. Therefore, we will be undertaking the following precautionary measures beginning March 16.
- The office is fully operational but we will primarily be working remotely.
- All office consults will be changed to either phone or video HIPAA compliant consults until further notice
- Please do not come to the office. We will have a skeleton staff available 10am-3pm Monday-Saturday. If you must come to the office, please call first.
- Supplements and test kits will be drop-shipped, when possible. Shipments of kits and supplements that cannot be drop-shipped will take longer than normal. Please allow 7 days for delivery of these items.
- If you have any questions, please contact your practitioner via Portal message or via telephone. As a reminder, we can be reached via telephone at 203-834-2813 with the following extensions:
x10 Shannon - Front desk and Test Kits
x11 Betsy - Bookkeeper
x12 Vicki Kobliner, MS RDN
x13 Nancy O'Hara, MD
x14 Traci - Supplements and front desk
x16 New Patients
x17 Lindsey Wells, ND
Thank you for your patience, flexibility and understanding during this challenging time. We wish you and your families safety and good health.
Nancy O’Hara, MD
Lindsey Wells, ND
Vicki Kobliner, MS RDN
Our Thoughts on COVID-19 (Updated 4/3/2020)
As the pandemic of this virus continues to grow, we wanted to share with you some considerations and also links to further information:
COVID-19 is a very contagious virus. Transmission is mainly through respiratory droplets and close contact. The incubation period is thought to be 2-14 days and up to 19 days. Patients are thought to be most contagious when they are symptomatic, though asymptomatic transmission is possible. What is important to remember is that the majority of infected people appear to have mild infections – with mild cold-like symptoms and fever. Like the influenza virus, the elderly and those with underlying chronic medical conditions appear to be most at risk for serious complications and death from COVID-19. However, unlike influenza, children so far appear to be relatively protected.
- As always, a good, healthy, anti-inflammatory diet is key with lots of fresh veggies, fruits, proteins and healthy oils, minimal fiber-rich carbohydrates and no sweets. Eat lots of spices and foods with antiviral properties such as turmeric (curcumin), coconut oil, raw garlic, oregano, ginger, kimchi and other fermented foods, walnut, pomegranate, green tea, apple cider vinegar, and medicinal mushrooms
- Lots of fluids, good sleep and moderate exercise
- Good and repeated hand washing and avoid touching contaminated surfaces and shaking hands
- If you or your child has cough/congestion, sneeze/cough into a tissue, discard immediately and wash hands thoroughly. If no tissue is available sneeze/cough into your elbow, not your hand
- Consider XCLEAR (XYLITOL) nasal washes for congestion
If you or your child is sick with a viral infection:
- · Contact your primary pediatrician or other primary care practitioner to see if you or your child should be seen.
· The flu shot provides no additional protection against Coronavirus or any virus not included in the vaccine.
For immune support, consider the following below. However, if you or your child is sick, stop all of these (except ZINC and VITAMIN C) and contact your primary care provider:
· Vitamin C – up to 5-10,000 mg/day as tolerated; extra vitamin C may cause loose stools but it is not toxic and unneeded amounts will be excreted
· Vitamin D – an additional 1-2000 IU/day
· Vitamin A – an additional 10,000 IU/day
· Zinc – an additional 15 mg/day
· Immunoberry liquid or Immunotone Plus capsules (Designs for Health) Daily Immune (Pure Encapsulations) or Viracid (Orthomolecular, currently out of stock from manufacturer)
If you or your child would like additional support now or if the
virus comes to your community, please message Dr. O’Hara directly about this
and she will preorder and schedule IV Vitamin C and Glutathione for you and/or
your child (discounted cost during this time is $295). This is most
helpful as a preventative measure and not once you or your child is sick and
may last as long as 1-2 weeks. Bear in mind that we are not a primary care
practice and if you suspect you or your child is ill, you should contact your
primary care provider immediately.
It is advisable that we all work/stay at home and that if you have to venture to the grocery store or pharmacy, wear a mask, gloves and wipe everything down as much as possible.
Finally, we are offering telehealth visits to replace and be covered as an office visit. Please schedule in the portal with your provider(s). If you are a new patient, contact us as we are providing telehealth visits for new patients as well.
You must be logged in to check your vitals page
Please Log In
Use the form below to sign in to the patient portal to begin managing your records. If you have not logged in before and are a patient who did not sign up online, then you must sign up for an account next time you are in the office.